Prince William left ‘extremely unhappy’ by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle return to the UK
Prince William left ‘extremely unhappy’ by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle return to the UK

Ben McCaffrey Thu, August 20, 2026 at 5:26 PM UTC
52

Prince William has been left "extremely unhappy" by the news that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are returning to the UK, a royal commentator has claimed.
GB News confirmed on Wednesday evening that theDuke and Duchess of Sussex are sensationally moving to the UK at the end of this month for "an extended period of time".
It comes six years after they shook the Royal Family by announcing they were quitting their roles as working royals, and upping sticks to Montecito, California.
King Charles is understood to have been informed of Wednesday's shocking revelation only on Sunday.
The Prince and Princess of Wales are also understood to have been told.
Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told GB News it is understood that William has been left "extremely unhappy" by his younger brother coming back.
The return of the Sussexes comes as William and Harry are not on speaking terms.
The brothers are understood not to have spoken in person since the late Queen's funeral in 2022 - and even that was brief.
William and Harry | Source: GETTY
Both the Prince and Princess of Wales are said to feel deeply betrayed by the revelations made in the duke’s memoir, Spare, and in various television interviews.
And while the Duke of Sussex reunited with his father at his Highgrove Estate during his trip to the UK last month, William distanced himself.
Instead, he was seen playing in the DMMI Royal Charity Polo Cup at Guards Polo Club in Windsor, with Catherine supporting her husband from the sidelines, and just a short trip down the M4 from his father's private estate in Gloucestershire.
Advertisement
This is a gesture that Mr Fitzwilliams previously told the People's Channel "was deliberate" and that made his point "clear".

Prince William | Source: GETTY
The royal commentator added: "It’s fundamentally a matter of trust. At present, William doesn’t trust them. In the future, it seems unlikely, but who knows?"
With the 30th anniversary of Princess Diana's death upcoming next year, and the Diana Award charity believed to be orchestrating a series of events to commemorate the occasion, some had suggested the pair may reunite.
Both Harry and William serve as patrons for the charity, which was established in Diana's memory. It is the sole remaining patronage the brothers continue to share.
A lavish black-tie gala is expected to serve as the centrepiece of the programme, honouring three decades since the late Princess of Wales died.
The plans had been anticipated to align with Harry's Invictus Games launch in Birmignham next July.
Now, with the duke returning to the UK in a more permanent fashion, it may be more likely for the brothers to make an appearance.
Mr Fitzwilliams previously told GB News it is "of course a possibility" that the brothers could be reunited, noting that both Harry and William unveiled the Diana statue in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace five years ago.
The Diana Award confirmed that preparations remain at a preliminary stage.
A spokesman stated: "No plans have been agreed and no decisions have been made regarding attendance or participation."
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter
Source: “AOL Entertainment”