ShowBiz & Sports Lifestyle

Hot

Influencer Santos Salazar Released from Jail Days After Arrest for Attempted Murder

Influencer Santos Salazar Released from Jail Days After Arrest for Attempted Murder

Luke ChinmanTue, August 18, 2026 at 5:09 PM UTC

0

Santos SalazarCredit: santosprc/TikTok -

Santos Salazar was released after the Los Angeles DA’s office declined to file charges following his arrest

Salazar’s attorney called the incident a “domestic disagreement” and said the case was exaggerated by an eyewitness

Salazar and partner Brianna Olsen share an infant and are known for documenting their relationship on social media

Influencer Santos Salazar has been released from jail after he was arrested for attempted murder.

On Monday, Aug. 17, the 21-year-old content creator was released from a Los Angeles detention facility after the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office declined to file criminal charges against him, per jail records viewed by PEOPLE.

In photos shared by TMZ, Salazar could be seen grinning as he exited the jail.

Brianna Olsen (left) and Santos SalazarCredit: SantosPRC/TikTok

Salazar — who welcomed a son, Sunday Ray, with fellow content creator Brianna Olsen in July — was booked into an L.A. jail on Thursday, Aug. 13, where he was held on $1 million bail. A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department told PEOPLE that officers responded to a call for a “domestic violence incident” and arrested an “adult male suspect” for attempted murder.

“This was a domestic disagreement that was exaggerated by an eyewitness,” Salazar’s attorney, Nicholas Rosenberg, told PEOPLE on Tuesday, Aug. 18, after his release. “I wrote a letter to the DA’s office urging them to reject the case or, in the alternative, file lesser charges, and yesterday at the arraignment, we learned that the DA did reject the case.”

The district attorney’s office did not immediately return PEOPLE’s request for comment.

On Friday, Aug. 14, LAPD told PEOPLE its investigation was ongoing. The department did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment on Aug. 18.

Advertisement

Olsen and Salazar are known by hundreds of thousands of followers online for documenting their relationship. Earlier this year, they shared videos from the hospital together when they welcomed their son.

— sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

After Salazar’s arrest, Olsen continued to update her social media accounts, publicly addressing his detention.

On her Snapchat account, Olsen shared a video of what appeared to be Santos’s arrest on Thursday, where a man could be seen getting handcuffed and walked out of a residence by officers. She wrote in overlaid text, “I’m so sorry guys….”

Speaking to TMZ outside of the jail on Aug. 17, Olsen said that Salazar was “being accused of something he didn’t do,” calling his arrest a “big misunderstanding.” She also shut down rumors that she was seeking a restraining order against him.

If you are experiencing domestic violence, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233, or go to thehotline.org. All calls are toll-free and confidential. The hotline is available 24/7 in more than 170 languages.

on People

Original Article on Source

Source: “AOL Entertainment”

We do not use cookies and do not collect personal data. Just news.